Mother/daughter brooch

I spent a bit of time working on my latest idea tonight and created my first birth month brooch. (pictures to come in the next few days).

I used my birth month, May and my mom's birth month, September. I'd never made either flower, nor did I have any reference books to help me on this one, so I looked at some pictures of Lilies of the Valley and Asters online and let the creative juices flow. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I think I'm going to find some white 15/0 beads for the next LotV I make, I think they would be prettier made with smaller beads.

In less than two weeks I go under the knife for carpal tunnel. As much as I'm looking forward to be rid of night time numbness in my hand, I'm just starting to feel as though I'm really progressing in developing ideas and building up inventory for opening on Etsy. I hope this hiatus wont set me back too much. I plan on spending my recovery time continuing my research into the world of business, marketing, craft shows etc. Should be informative and I know this is necessary prep work that will help me along later on, but I know I'll much rather be actively creating.

Comments

1 Response to "Mother/daughter brooch"

Melissa said... May 5, 2009 at 11:21 PM

Yikes! I do hope you feel better soon and that Etsy behaves! Keep us updated on your online shops so we can purchase!

Post a Comment