The strength of a community

This past week has been nothing if not busy. Between my day job, husband/pet obligations and sleep I squeeze in a few hours every evening furthering my artistic pursuits and consequent success in business. (Hopefully)

I spend a considerable amount of time online during this segment of my day, perusing business/handmade related articles, blogs, and forums trying to find some nugget of inspiration, business savvy or opportunity. Well this evening, the third option fell right in my lap and I was so hugely impressed with what I found, I just had to share it.

indieartsstudio is an online catalog of handmade artisans. If you're shopping for handmade goods, this place is the one stop spot! I'm so impressed by this simple little site because of it's lack of pretense. It's totally a "I'll scratch your back, you scratch mine" type of thing. Both shoppers and sellers stand to gain big from this. It's all about pulling together and making the most of what handmade artisans have to offer. The big economy is in the pits, lets have a go at doing it small, for ourselves and our online community. Now that's a sentiment I can get behind.

Comments

0 Responses to "The strength of a community"

Post a Comment